If you are looking for real hidden gem of a family break or a way to extend your holiday away then Stay Play Explore Leicestershire could be just the option for you.
Starting from £149 for family of 4 to stay in a hotel for just 1 night, your initial thoughts may be that there is nothing cool or budget related about this offer however this is just the beginning. For this price you will get to stay in a 4 star hotel including breakfast and then for the best bit you will get 3 attraction entry tickets to use for the whole family u to the 31st December of the year you visit. So the next question is what is included in this deal.
Available Family Hotel Options
There are a variety of 4 start hotels included in the Stay Play Explore Deal and they are as follows:
– Hilton Leicester
– Hilton East Midlands Airport
– Sketchley Grange Hotel
– Jurys Inn Hinckley Island
– Leicester Marriott Hotel
It is worth carrying out research on each hotel to see which one suits your families needs better and of course the availability for your chosen date. All hotels also offer parking facilities and many also come with swimming pools so that you can keep the young ones entertained.
It is also worth taking into account which attractions you intend to visit during your stay as the hotels listed above are based all over Leicestershire therefore if you don’t choose hotel relatively close to your chosen attraction then you could be leaving yourself open to a considerable drive the next day.
Attractions Included With Your Stay
With your family hotel package deal you will then get to visit any 3 from a list of 10 attractions. Ahead of your trip, I would advise that you print off your attraction ticket vouchers as these can be used from the day of your checking in date. The attractions you can choose from are listed below:
– Swadlincote Ski Centre – Here you will get half an hour sno-tubing and 2 rides at tobogganing per person on your deal.
– Conkers – a real family adventure park with many walking trails set in woodland, along with both indoor and outdoor adventure parks plus there is also a train ride to assist you explore the park.
– Twycross Zoo – A family friendly zoo set in the heart of Leicestershire with over 500 animals on offer including the only place in the UK to see a group of Bonobos.
– King Richard III Visitor Centre – Museum to discover the life of Richard III and an opportunity see where his remains are buried.
– Bosworth Water Park – Leisure Park containing many water activities and a family adventure playground.
– Stonehurst Family Farm – Take advantage of the opportunity to visit a real working farm where you can collect eggs, meet the farm animals, go on trails and enjoy tractor rides.
– National Space Centre – The UK’s National Space Centre is included in the deal and includes Six interactive galleries, a unique 3D SIM ride and a 42m high Rocket Tower. A real interactive and enjoyable day out.
– Twinlakes Park- Connected to its sister park Wheelgate Park which is set in near Nottinghamshire, Twinlakes is a theme park mainly aimed at young children. Based indoors and outdoors, there are many rides to enjoy and playgrounds to explore. There is also an excellent outdoor splash park for the Summer months plus there is evening a mini farm to visit.
– Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre – Aimed at children who are aged 5 years and above, the Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre.
How To Use Your Stay Play Explore Deal
Firstly the bad news, you will be unable to utilise your attraction tickets at any of the attractions listed above on days when there are special events taking place at your chosen park for example we once turned up at the Space Centre on a Star Wars Day and was unable to use our tickets. This is easily remedied by either carrying out quick internet research or making a quick call to your chosen venue ahead of your visit.
Other than that it is all positive and you get until the 31st December of the year you visit to use all of your tickets. Therefore, if you live within a reasonable distance of Leicestershire you will be able to return to your chosen attraction at your leisure throughout the year.
The first piece of advice would be if you are intending to come back at a later date would be to book your stay as early in the year as possible as this will give you a greater period to utilise your tickets at a later date.
If you do not reside within driving distance of the county of Leicestershire you may wish to use all of your attraction tickets at once. Therefore, you will be looking to extend your stay within the area and if continuing your stay at a 4 star hotel is above your families budget you will require accommodation elsewhere.
Luckily there are many budget hotels within the Leicestershire area which specifically cater for families including Premier Inns and Travelodges. At many Premier Inns it is also worth noting that they offer a Meal Deal offer where you get your evening meal, a drink and your breakfast included. You should also note that if you just order breakfast at a Premier Inn, children eat free.
If you like the idea of a Stay Play Explore Leicestershire break but don’t fancy taking the children there also offers from £119 for 2 adults where the activities will include Brewery Tours, Afternoon Tea’s, Cheese Tasting or Pork Pie tasting experiences plus many more.
What! Now There Is Stay Play Explore Warwickshire
A recent welcome addition to the Stay Play Explore range is now Stay Play Explore Warwickshire. Here you can now visit Shakespeare’s county and stay in a variety of 4 star hotels and visit the following attractions:
– Warwick Castle
– Mad Museum
– British Motor Museum
– Royal Shakespeare Company
– Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guild Hall
– Stratford Butterfly Farm
– Halls Croft
– Shakespeare’s Birthplace
– Shakespeare’s New Place
– Mary Arden’s Farm
– Ann Hathaway’s cottage
As with the Leicestershire deal the terms are very similar and there is nothing to stop you putting both deals together have a fun packed family break.
Whether you are travelling from North to South or East to West across the UK, Stay Play Explore Leicestershire (or Warwickshire) is a really great deal for families on a budget. There is something for everyone in every family to keep you entertained and the fact that you can come back and use some of your tickets at a later date means that you don’t have to cram everything in at once.